Janice Comeau Recipient of the BIV CFO Award
April 19, 2016 – Today Business in Vancouver magazine and the Chartered Professional Accountants of BC (CPABC) announced the 2016 BC CFO Award winners. Janice Comeau of LMS Reinforcing Steel Group was named the winner in the Large Private Company category.
“The quality of candidates that participate in the BIV programs and the companies they represent are always so impressive,” says Ron McNeil, CEO and Co-Founder of LMS. “For Janice to be acknowledged as one of the winners is a significant accomplishment; we recognize that Janice is in extraordinary company amongst the winners of years past and present.”
Janice’s work in diverse industries (e.g. mining, real estate, logistics and now construction); experience with strategic alternatives; and breadth of roles throughout her career spanning all aspects of finance have translated into comprehensive strategic insight and a pragmatic approach to addressing day-to-day challenges while building profitable businesses.
“Janice is an insightful and capable CFO,” adds Norm Streu, President and COO. “Janice has demonstrated her ability to drive superior financial results at LMS through strategic financial planning and execution; building a motivated, skilled professional team; and implementing business controls across all financial functions. Her hard work and dedication is making LMS even stronger.”
When asked about how she feels about receiving this award, Janice’s humility shines through, “I am most appreciative of the ownership team. Ron, Ivan and Norm demonstrate the confidence they have in me as they give me the space and opportunity to do my best work as CFO.”
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2016 BC CFO Award:
- Large Public Company Category: Erfan Kazemi, CFO, Sandstorm Gold Ltd.
- Large Private Company Category: Janice Comeau, CFO, LMS Reinforcing Steel Group
- Small Public Company Category: Jennifer Archibald, CFO, Cardiome Pharma Corp
- Small Private Company Category: Craig East, CFO, Primex Manufacturing Ltd.
- Non-Profit Category: William Hallett, Vice President Finance & Operations, Vancouver Foundation
- Publicly Accountable Category: Samson Lim, Executive Vice President & CFO, Peoples Trust Company
- Transformation Agent Category: Clayton Buckingham, Senior Vice President & CFO, BCAA
Winners will be profiled in the May 10th issue of Business in Vancouver and honoured at a gala dinner on June 2nd at the Four Seasons Vancouver.