LMS’ Janice Comeau is recognized with a Surrey Women in Business Award
March 8, 2016 – On International Women’s Day, the Surrey Board of Trade hosted the 7th Annual Surrey Women in Business Awards Luncheon where they recognized a select group of exceptional women in the Surrey business community.
Janice Comeau, LMS Reinforcing Steel Group’s Chief Financial Officer, was one of the deserving winners in the Corporate Leadership category. She was recognized for her business acumen, leadership at the executive level and with the development of her team, and her contributions to the business community at large. The LMS team is very proud of Janice and her achievement.
Other event highlights included Christine Day, CEO of Luvo, as the keynote speaker. Christine has been named Fortune Magazine’s top 5 International Most Powerful Women, Canada’s Top 100 Women, and named CEO of the Year, by Globe and Mail and Business in Vancouver.
2016 Surrey Women in Business Awards Winners and Finalists:
Corporate / Leadership
- Ashleigh Brown – Robert Half Canada
- Janice Comeau – LMS Reinforcing Steel Group - Winner
- Karen Klein – ICBC
- Leanne Cordeiro – Salon Cordeiro
- Sara Hodson – Live Well Exercise Clinic – Winner
- Maria Nieves Santos-Greaves - Surrey Hearing Care Inc.
- Supneet Chawla – ACE Trade and Technical Institute
- Amanjit Lidder – MNP - Winner
- Dr. Sarah Lubik – Simon Fraser University
- Melanie Houlden – Surrey Libraries - Winner
- Lucille Pacey – Arts Umbrella
- Karen Reid-Sidhu – Surrey Crime Prevention Society
- Mary Anne Connor – NightShift Street Ministries Society - Winner
- Debra Finlayson – Vertical Bridge Corporate Consulting
- Marilyn Herrmann – Surrey Food Bank
Congratulations to all the nominees and winners.